Platforms
Is there any candidate that will tell me what they plan to do on the main issues such as beach use, admin centre, shoreline bylaws etc.? Before I will add my support for any candidate, I need to know if your intentions align with mine. So please step up and lay your intentions on the line so I know what I am voting for.
Candidate Answers (3)
Please see my answers to the others questions on this platform.
You are right to demand clear positions on beach use, the administration centre, and shoreline bylaws before casting your ballot. I addressed these matters in detail with residents at our recent community corn roast, but because each of these topics involves serious nuance, legal frameworks, and financial implications, they deserve a thorough, substantive discussion. My guiding principles on these priorities are clear: Accountability on Major Spending: I am the organizer who led the "Stop the Build" grassroots movement to challenge the runaway costs and lack of consultation surrounding the proposed new administration building. Protecting taxpayers from unnecessary debt remains a central priority. Evidence-Based Shoreline & Beach Management: Rather than relying on rigid, top-down bylaws, our approach to beach use and shoreline stewardship must be grounded in facts, legal clarity, and sound environmental science. Responsible Decision-Making: Moving forward, my commitment is to engage directly with residents through open town halls and comprehensive surveys. On any major council decision, we must consult directly with department heads, examine hard operational statistics, analyze the complete budgetary impact, and evaluate every cost-effective option before tax dollars are committed. I welcome the opportunity to discuss these topics with you one-on-one. Please feel free to stop by my campaign office, call me, or review my platform online: Campaign Office: 520 Cedar Point Road Phone: 705-533-3315 Website: https://voteforkaren.ca/ Thank you again for holding candidates to a high standard of transparency. Warm regards, Karen Zulynik Candidate for Deputy Mayor, Tiny Township
My website will be going live the weekend of September 5th and address all of your questions.
